Posted: April 10, 2019
Active until: October 31, 2019
This is a paid internship opportunity for up-and-coming UX designers. This opportunity is a 6-month part-time contract open to entry-level designers and students.
What we offer:
- An inspiring workspace in a trendy, heritage building located in the downtown core of London, Ontario
- Flexible work hours and work-from-home options
- Mentorship by senior UX Designers and UX Engineers
- Opportunity for placement in a growing organization
Together with our UX Designers, UX Engineers and Senior Consultants, you will co-design clickable prototypes that assist corporate innovation teams in their quests for new business opportunities.
You’re a designer who is educating themselves in simple, intuitive websites or applications while maintaining an extremely high standard of design. You love the challenge of thinking through problems and how design can solve real-world challenges.
Most importantly, you are always hungry for feedback that grows and improves your work. You care about the process and creating amazing work.
You should have several portfolio examples of work or school projects. Sketches, mind-maps, school projects and process examples welcome.
We’re looking for someone with a design-forward mindset. Hopefully, you’re it!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with design leads to create compelling interactive, digital experiences
- Perform user research and develop information architecture, user goals, journey maps, and design wireframes and visual interfaces
- Collaborate with developers to ensure pixel-perfect execution across all project deliverables
- Work with the consulting team to gain insights into clients’ business and project objectives
- Learn the end-to-end process of project delivery and the associated design tools involved
- Meticulous attention to detail and a keen eye for typography and visual hierarchy
- Clear and effective communication skills in articulating design concepts and rationales
- Great proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, and ability to create interactive prototypes.
- Basic knowledge of front-end web technology HTML/CSS/JS or other programming language.
- Basic understanding of how to design for the modern web—across browsers, screen sizes, and user profiles.
- Basic prototyping skills with tools such as Keynote, After Effects, Invision, Principle, Flinto, Framer, etc.
- Basic interaction design skills, knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability.
- Positive attitude with a desire to grow within a collaborative, inspiring teamwork environment
- Positions available to start immediately (April 2019)
- Compensation to be determined based on candidate’s experience and portfolio of work
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted for next steps
Please complete the form below to Apply
We find that the best way to learn more about a UX Design Intern is to view their portfolio online. However, if you would prefer to apply with a traditional resume (that includes examples of work) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org